Scored a sweet-ass dome thing on the side of the road last night. And my friend just happened to have ropes!
chuckle-w0rthy: “i hope the shower isn’t too toasty for you.”
glsases: “this is my favourite picture on the internet”
bopx: “I hope hundreds of years later this picture is found completely out of context by anthropologists and it’s the final tipping point before they completely give up on trying to understand the internet in this decade.”
(Source: sollluxcaptor, via diaryofanarabfeminist)
The end is over and the beginning has just begun.
In French, you don’t say “I’m on my period”; you say “Les Anglais ont débarqué”, which translates into English as “The English have arrived”. I find that beautiful.
(Source: naniare, via princessbindi)
Happy 12/12/12, everyone!
WTF??! I hope this isn’t some devilishly clever Ikea marketing stunt, because if it is, I’ve fallen right into their trap.
(Source: newkidsonmycock11, via the-unconscious)
This is my workspace. It’s where I spend my days, and it’s where I’m writing to you from right now.
Some items of note:
- A cassette tape holder, housing my old tape collection, re-interpreted as a laptop stand
- The red thing on the left is an LED flashlight, so I can go out to the fusebox and flick the power back on when it trips out from heater overuse. Damn winter!
- My favourite pink ruler that I can’t do without
- My Kung Fu Panda good luck talisman (for “Panda Power”!)
- A cup of hot mocha
- A 1 terabyte external hard drive for thesis back-ups
- A set of earmuffs to block the sound out, when the others in my house are making too much noise
- The bound booklet on the stand is my favourite! It’s a mock thesis, complete with my name and dissertation title on it. My partner made it for me as a motivational prop to help me visualise the day when it’s finally done; when I can hold it in my hands and be proud!
K, that’s all!
Maybe the fabled “primordial soup” has never really been left behind. Maybe it’s still here. Maybe what single-celled organisms were to us a billion years ago, we are to some future life form.
Jellyfish possess an orifice that functions as both mouth and anus. They literally eat through their anus and shit through their mouth. I love nature.
My Top 10 Favourite Words Du Jour
Today, in choosing a book to squash a cockroach with, I settled on one by Mao Tse-Tung. I needed to ensure it was by someone whom I despised enough for the task. Slavoj Zizek would’ve been good too, but I don’t own any of his books.
Screw the rules. I like split infinitives. Language lives and breathes and proliferates. It can never be fixed or contained by grammarians and lexicographers!